Saturday, September 20, 2014

"My grandmothers floral painting" day 20 of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge


"My grandmothers floral  painting"
11x14
Oil on Board

I have this beautiful old painting hanging in my art studio.
It was painted by my Grandmother Hansen, my Dad's mother.

She painted quite beautifully for a good portion of her life.
She was born in 1886 and passed away in 1972.

I know these are to be paintings that we have done, but. I wanted to
Share where possibly I inherited a bit of my talent from. ;))
From what I can tell this was painted approximately
In the 1940's.
My grandma's name was
Estella Gray Hansen. 
She lived in eastern Iowa, Davenport area.
I hope you enjoyed seeing this old painting.

I invite you to sign up with your email to follow my blog.

I would welcome any comments you might have on my blog,
Paintings or questions on art in general!

I also do some posting in www.dailypaintingsofarkansas.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment