Friday, January 23, 2015

"L Squared abstract" oil 48"x48" by Leslie Newman



This painting was really fun to do. i am appreciating 
abstract work the older I get. This is large at 4 ft square.I had
posted this painting previously last fall. Recently I made
some changes to it and added darker values of the deeper oranges
and Browns to it. After looking at it hanging several weeks I determined
those darker values needed to be added. So, I brought my palette to the
breakfast room wall and painted away! I realize I   
cropped it a tiny bit off on the sides, but you can get the idea here of the
colors and values. I titled this
painting L Squared, as there are numerous L's. right side up, up side down,
side ways etc. This painting hangs on a large plain wall that is a taupe/chocolate
brown. These changes really helped strengthen the painting.

Thanks for taking a look at my paintings. I am back painting after taking a few weeks
off during the Holidays. I am now adding more work,little by little. 
Feel free to make any comments or ask me any
questions. I would love you to follow me by adding 
your email to my blog for updated posts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment