Friday, January 2, 2015

"Waterside with Whitney" 11x14 oil by Leslie Newman


Waterside with Whitney
11x14 oil

This is day 2 of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge by Leslie
Saeta. I have participated in her challenges several times 
before. completing some challenges more than others! 

This is a painting of a sweet pose of our middle granddaughter.
We had taken her up to our open air shopping promenade to Build A Bear 
 She was playing in the fountains and pools of water in 
the cement ponds, under the close attention of  her
Poppie. That is what she calls my hubby.
. Some were wishing wells, some fountains. Anyway, she
was just enchanted with the water. She referred to
the water as "The Ocean.''

Now keep in mind she is only 2 1/2, and has never
been to the ocean, but she believes she has found it with these
water features! Such a little darling and so darn funny!

I was having so much fun taking dozens of pictures of her with the
sun hitting the top of her hair,turning it a light golden white. I found
my favorite picture and painted it for my Son and his wife. They
were just delighted to receive it last week!

I hope you enjoy my attempt of 
30 paintings in 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment