Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Still Life with Pomegranate" 8x10 oil by Leslie Newman


"Still Life with Pomegranate"

This simple painting started at Thanksgiving time, but I just finished it today, Jan 7th.
It is painting number 7 for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge with Leslie Saeta.
I did her 30 day challenge back in September, 2013 as well.
It is a fun challenge, but it is demanding. You have to finish a painting each day, post it on Leslie's blog site and then post it on my blog and share it.

I loved painting this pomegranate, it was the first one I had ever done and
it was quite fun. I enjoy doing still life's sitting on a floating ledge with the 
black background. I mix my own blacks using a mixture of dark paints.

I hope you are enjoying my paintings. I have an additional blog at:
www.dailypaintersofarkansas.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment